Summertime is barbecue season. Nothing beats this seriously cheesy burger paired with sweet tomato relish and tangy cornichons.
500g of grass-fed beef mince
150g Quicke’s Buttery Cheddar, grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp of olive oil
1 heaped tbsp of Greek yoghurt
Cornish Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the onion and garlic in a pan until soft and set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, combine with the beef mince and yoghurt in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and season well.
3. Shape the burgers to four equal patty size and make a well in the middle.
4. Place the grated Buttery Cheddar in the middle of the well and fold the burgers over to encase the cheese.
5. BBQ over coals and cook the burgers to your liking before serving with the buns, lettuce, dollop(s) of tomato relish, cornichons (and a cheeky beer).